"I have no qualifications, what can I do?"
Written by Zera Bacon Posted in Career Planning
There may be many situations where you may not have completed your school quals or have not obtained the marks you hoped to get. The reasons can include things like:
- Not getting along with your teachers
- Trouble with friends
- Family problems
- Mental health issues
The list is endless but don’t let that stop you!
If you have left school/college because you didn’t particularly like the environment or you suffer from anxiety about working with large groups of people; there are smaller more intimate places you can go to gain your chosen qualification to name but a few:
- YMCA Training http://www.ymcatraining.org.uk/
- Life Skills http://www.learnaliving.co.uk/
- Tomorrow's People http://www.tomorrows-people.org.uk/
- Catch 22 http://www.catch-22.org.uk/
- Prince’s Trust http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/
All of these training providers cover most of the UK but all it takes is a click on the link to see if they work in your area. They all cover courses like;
- Child Care
- Motor Mechanics
- Health & Social Care
- Hair & Beauty
- And many more
- As well as Functional Skills to improve your Maths and English.
Remember you have not hit a brick wall. You can pick up your qualifications whenever you are ready and have decided what career path you wish to take.